Every year, fans gear up for the season of their favorite sport(s). Some seasons have the potential to be more exciting than others because of intriguing questions and the possibility for some to “make history”. This 2016 tennis season has the potential to rival the 2015 season. It is also the year of the Summer Olympics and you can feel the pulse of excitement as speculation increases the closer we get to the start of the new season.
TOP TEN QUESTIONS submitted by our loyal readers:
- Will Serena Williams be able to reproduce her dominance and go two steps farther to win the Golden Slam?
- Will Novak Djokovic be the one to win the Golden Slam or will the French Open continue to be his stumbling block?
- Will Roger Federer win his first Major title since 2012 and gain number eighteen? Or will Novak Djokovic continue to deny him number eighteen?
- Can Rafael Nadal regain his dominance on clay and reclaim the French Open title?
- First it was Federer, then Djokovic, this year it was Andy Murray – so will 2016 be the year that Rafael Nadal gets married?
- Is this the year that Garbine Muguruza wins her first Major title or will it be Simona Halep?
- Will Eugenie Bouchard rediscover her form this season?
- Which young star will claim their first title in the 2016 season? Will it be Borna Coric, Alexander Zverev, Nick Kyrgios, Kristina Mladenovic, Danka Kovinic or someone else?
- Will Steve Johnson get over that final obstacle and claim his first title in 2016?
- Flavia Pennetta surprised us in 2015 and Marin Cilic surprised us in 2014, which player will surprise us in 2016?