The following table lists the seeded (in bold) and non-seeded players of interest playing on day six (July 8th, 2017).
|COURT||06:30 AM (EST)||8:00 AM (EST)||T/F||T/F|
|CENTRE COURT||Radwanska def. Bacsinszky 3-6, 6-4, 6-1||Djokovic def. Gulbis 6-4, 6-1, 7-6(2)||Federer v. M. Zverev|
|COURT 1||Raonic def. Ramos-Vinolas 7-6(3), 6-4, 7-5||Wozniacki def. Kontaveit 3-6, 7-6(3), 6-2||Thiem v. Donaldson (USA)|
|COURT 2||Muguruza def. Cirstea 6-2, 6-2||Querrey (USA) def. Tsonga 2-6, 6-3, 7-6(5), 1-6, 7-5||Kerber def. Rogers (USA) 4-6, 7-6(2), 6-4||A.Zverev def. Ofner 6-4, 6-4, 6-2|
|COURT 3||Dimitrov def. Sela 6-1, 6-1 (RET)||Vandeweghe (USA) def. Riske (USA) 6-2, 6-4||Berdych def. Ferrer 6-3, 6-4, 6-3|
|COURT 8||Bellis/Vondrousova def. Bondarenko/Krunic 6-2, 6-4|
|COURT 12||Kuznetsova def. Hercog 6-4, 6-0||Monfils lost to Mannarino 6-7(3), 6-4, 7-5, 3-6, 2-6||Sock/Keys (USA) lost to Soares/Vesnina|
|COURT 14||Bryans lost to Matkowski/Mirnyi 3-6, 5-7, 4-6|
|COURT 17||Harrison/Venus def. Brunstrom/Siljestrom|
|COURT 18||Rybarikova def. Tsurenko 6-2, 6-1||Martic def. Diyas 7-6(6), 6-1|
MATCHES OF INTEREST:
- Djokovic v. Ernests Gulbis should be interesting. Gulbis seems to be making a comeback; can he pull off the upset of the tournament? Djokovic leads their head-to-head 6:1. This will be their first meeting on grass; will that be an advantage for the Latvian?
- Monfils v. Adrian Mannarino is another match that has the potential for upset. Despite the fact that Monfils leads their head-to-head 1:0, Mannarino has been playing very well on grass. In their only meeting, which was on grass at Wimbledon, Monfils won in three sets but the first set was a tiebreak and the third set went to 7-5.
- Magdalena Rybarikova v. Lesia Tsurenko: both have had their careers interrupted by injury. Rybarikova pulled off the upset to date of the tournament when she defeated Karolina Pliskova (one of the top contenders to win Wimbledon this year). She leads their head-to-head 1:0; however, that was ten years ago and perhaps irrelevant.
- Unfortunately, two American women (Coco Vandeweghe v. Alison Riske) will battle each other for a place in the fourth round. Their head-to-head is tied at 4:4; however, Riske has won their last three encounters.
- American Shelby Rogers will attempt to derail the number one seed, Angelique Kerber. In their only meeting, Shelby made it a match; however, Kerber still won it in straight sets.
SOURCE OF MAGE: Bing Search (picture of Mischa Zverev)